Jay Bhanushali is an Indian dancer, model, actor, and television anchor. He rose to fame after rendering the lead character of Neev Shergill in the Hindi TV show Kayamath. Jay is one of the best-known hosts of the Indian television industry. Bhanushali has appeared in many comedy, reality and entertainment shows. Besides participating in reality shows, Jay Bhanushali has also hosted quite a few shows. Let’s see how this commoner of Ahmedabad came to fame and know some more interesting facts about him.
BIOGRAPHY OF JAY BHANUSHALI
Jay Bhanushali, a dancer and an anchor, is a native of Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. However, his hometown is Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Jay has appeared in various reality shows like Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 2, Dance India Dance, Dance India Dance Li’l Masters, Nach Baliye 5, Voice India Kids, Sabse Bada Kalakar, Indian Idol 10 and Superstar Singer. He has also hosted many TV shows. Bhanushali is quite popular for hosting Dance India Dance. Besides being an energetic anchor, Jay Bhanushali has also won a couple of reality shows. In such a short period, Jay made millions of people crack up and die from laughing with his perfect comic timings which also got him many awards. Since then there has been no looking back for him. With hard work and lots of struggle, Jay did not fail to carve a niche for himself. He has a strong belief in Lord Ganesha due to which he can focus on happy aspects of life.
Jay Bhanushali is 5’8″ tall and weighs around 65 kilos. He is a fitness freak actor who regularly attends the gym. His body measurements are well built at 38″ chest, 32″ waist and 15 biceps. He has dark brown eyes and his hair colour is black.
There is no crucial information about his parent’s name and their occupation.
He has one elder sister, Hetal Bhanushali.
On 11 November 2011, Jay got married to an Indian model and actress, Mahhi Vij after a few years of in a relationship. In 2017, they adopted a boy and a girl, Khushi and Rajveer. The couple also has a biological daughter Tara who was born in 2019.
Jay Bhanushali did his schooling at B.P.M. High School, Mumbai. Since his school and college days, he was passionate about modelling and acting.
Jay got his first break in 2007 in the TV serial Kayamath as Neev Shergill.
Bhanushali is also the winner of an Indian reality show, Nach Baliye Season 5 (2012-2013, along with his wife Mahhi Vij).
He has participated in many other reality shows like Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 2 and Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi-Made in India. Jay showcased his dynamic personality in all shows.
After invading the field of dancing and acting, Jay Bhanushali stepped into the field of television anchoring in numerous TV shows like The Voice India Kids, Super Dancer, Indian Idol 10, and Superstar Singer, etc. He gained immense popularity for his comic timings in the shows.
Jay Bhanushali furthered his professional career with the debut movie Hate Story 2 (2014) opposite Surveen Chawla. Jay portrayed the character of Akshay Bedi. The film showcased some of Jay’s Bhanushali’s romantic scenes here and there. His acting in the film was highly appreciated by the critics.
He then appeared in Anand Kumar directed action-drama film Desi Kattey wherein he played the character named Gyani, and gained huge popularity for his role. He, then, went on to star in the film Ek Paheli Leela as Karan.
Jay Bhanushali, who is known for having a great sense of humour and excellent comic timing decided to experiment with his existing image and played a dark character in Zee5’s horror thriller web series Parchhayee. Jay appeared on screen playing the character of Joy.
Jay Bhanushali has done guest appearances in several shows including Kumkum – Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan, Parichay – Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka, Do Dil Bandhe Ek Dori Se, Comedy Knights with Kapil, The Drama Company, Sabse Smart Kaun, Bigg Boss 12, Bigg Boss 13, Ace of Space 2, Mujhse Shaadi Karoge, and Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 10.
- Jay Bhanushali attracted controversy while shooting for his debut movie Hate Story 2 with co-actress Surveen Chawla. According to some sources, Jay and his wife were nourished in a severe dispute because of his intimate scenes with Surveen.
- After the birth of their biological daughter, Tara, Jay and Mahhi usually gets criticized on their social media profiles for not taking care of their adopted children. Jay and Mahhi are often seen explaining to people that all of their children are treated equally. They are also seen requesting people not to comment on their personal life without knowing about their actual lives.
- All along with his successful career, Jay won many awards. He received the Boroplus Gold Award for Best Anchor (2010 and 2012).
- In 2009, 2010, and 2011, Jay Bhanushali was awarded the Zee Rishtey Award for Favourite Host.
- Jay Bhanushali is quite a food lover and loves to eat Pani Puri.
- Bhanushali likes to watch Akshay Kumar on the silver screen.
- Bipasha Basu is his all-time favourite actress.
- He loves the Black colour.
- Ladakh is his favourite holiday destination.
- He loves humming Bollywood and Hollywood songs and his favourite tracks are Pehla Nasha from Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar, Soniyo from Raaz 2, Kabhi Kabhi Aditi from Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na and Beautiful by Akon.
- His hobbies include watching cricket, sketching, and playing video games.
- Jay is an avid dog lover.
- Jay gives all the credit to his elder sister for shaping his career.
- Bhanushali has worked with numerous popular brands like Rediffmail.com, Motorola, Lays, and Pepsi.
- In the year 2017, Jai Bhanushali and Mahhi Vij publicly announced on their social media handles that they were taking care of two children named Khushi and Rajveer along with the children’s parents. They announced the news publically and revealed,
We have not adopted them (Rajveer and Khushi). They have parents. The father is still working with us. They have a mother. It is just that they have stayed with us since the time they were born. They call me mumma and Jay dadda. We were all together. We were like a happy family. There is nothing like legal adoption. I do not where that came from”.
- Jay has a strong belief in Lord Ganesha and he often goes to Siddhivinayak Temple in Mumbai.
- Bhanushali loves children a lot and believes that he is strongly connected to his three children. In an interview, while talking about the same, Jay said,
Kids will never give you a chance to be alone. They will be around you all the time, shouting and playing. So, you will never feel low at any point.”
- He is addicted to watching IPL matches. He strongly supports the Rajasthan Royals team.
- Jay Bhanushali is a pure vegetarian and always stick to the point that only a vegetarian can save the environment. While talking about it with a reporter, Jay Says,
See, we do so many wrong things in life, so this saves us the guilt of one sin. By being a vegetarian, you are saving the environment. There’s a lot of heat in the meat so when you don’t consume it, automatically your skin clears up. Also, it has proteins which are good for you to know…XYZ”.
- Jay’s wife, Mahhi Vij, grabbed media headlines when she requested to her fans through her social media handle in October 2020 to persuade Jay Bhanushali to have one more baby as she was feeling fatigued during the pandemic. She took to her Instagram and wrote,
Guys, go to Jay’s account and in the comment section, please tell him that I want another child. He is just refusing. It is lockdown and I am getting very bored. I need another child. This one is all grown up (turns the camera towards Tara and pointed her) and she doesn’t listen to me.”
- Jay Bhanushali has also appeared as a model in a music video titled Ithun Dhakka.
JOURNEY IN BIGG BOSS
Jay Bhanushali is one of the competitors of Bigg Boss which is currently venturing into its fifteenth season. He has a strong individual personality that is a big plus point for him to move forward in the controversial house. In the current weekend ka vaar episode, Jay Bhanushali was filled with tears as he was criticised by all the other contenders for thinking about the price money and not letting others play. Talking about it, Jay explained his fears to Salman Khan and said,
Sir, I was not at all thinking about my image. Had I been thinking about my image, I would have done the same things that other housemates did. My weakness is that I’ve never played a money game ever in my life. I shared this with Nishant also that when I was in class 10th-11th my father, after his retirement, had invested all his savings in the share market and he lost everything. Ever since then I’ve had this fear and this money task was like a gamble to me and this was the only reason I was scared to put the prize money at stake. I’ve learnt during the pandemic that whatever you have in hand save it and don’t think that you will spend now and so something in future to earn”.
MORE PHOTOS OF JAY BHANUSHALI