Shweta Tiwari is an Indian on-screen actress who significantly shows up in Hindi films and TV serials. She began her profession in the television industry in 1998. She is a popular name in the Hindi film and television industry. She portrayed the famous role of ‘Prerna Sharma’ (2001-2008) in Ekta Kapoor’s highly successful iconic soap opera “Kasautii Zindagii Kay”, which lasted approximately eight years. Actress Shweta Tiwari is presently participating in the stunt-based reality TV show “Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 11”.
Actress Shweta Tiwari is 41 years old. She was born in Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh, India on 4 October 1980. Her Zodiac sign is Libra. She started her acting career with the Hindi television opera Kaliren. She essayed a small role on the show. The name and fame invited many controversies. She got married twice, but both turned unsuccessful. She has two kids from marriages. Shweta had a profound enthusiasm for acting since her adolescence. Subsequently, after completing her graduation, she began to give auditions for TV serials.
Shweta Tiwari’s height is 5′ 6″. Her figure or body type is hourglass thin and her weight is around 55 kg. Moreover, her figure estimation is around 34-28-34 roughly. She has no tattoo on her body. Shweta has Dark Brown eyes and Black hair.
Shweta Tiwari first got married to Raja Chaudhary in 1991. He is a Bhojpuri actor and producer. The marriage didn’t work out well and they got divorced in 2012. The actress then met Indian television actor and producer Abhinav Kohli. She met him on the sets of Jaane Kya Baat Hui and they both dated each other for 3 years. She married him (2013) but they also got separated.
Shweta Tiwari comes from a Hindu family in Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh, India. She shares her father Ashok Kumar Tiwari and mother Nirmala Tiwari’s love with a younger brother, Nidhaan Tiwari.
The actress is divorced and has two kids. One son, Reyansh Kohli, is from the second marriage. Shweta’s second daughter Palak Tiwari is from her first marriage.
Shweta completed her schooling at St Isabels High School situated in Mumbai. After her schooling, she took admission to the Burhanis College situated in Mumbai to pursue her bachelor’s degree in commerce. Later on, she decided to concentrate on her passion which is acting.
CAREER AS AN ACTRESS
Shweta began her vocation in 1998 as a TV actress. She was seen in a TV serial “Kaahin Kissii Roz” as Anika. She played the main female lead in the Starplus romantic drama “Kasautii Zindagi Kay” in the year 2001. Actress Shweta Tiwari essayed a crucial role of Prerna Sharma for around eight years. Shweta made her debut as an actress with the film “Madhoshi” in 2004.
In 2006, she appeared in a dance reality show “Nach Baliye” along with her ex-husband Raja Chaudhary. She was again spotted in the dance reality show “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa” in 2013.
The actress entered as a contestant in the Bigg Boss house (2010) and won the show.
Tiwari has appeared in a lot of popular TV serials like Jaane Kya Baat Hui (2008-2009), Is Jungle Se Mujhe Bachao (2009), Baal Veer (2014), Begusarai (2015-2016), and Parvarrish (2011-2013).
Moreover, Shweta acted in various films including Aabra Ka Daabra, Bin Bulaye Baraati, and Married 2 America.
Shweta Tiwari has also appeared in various TV commercials along with famous actors like Ravi Kishan and more.
She had a long successful career in Hindi films and the Television industry. Apart from films, she also acted in various plays like Shaadi Ki Home Delivery, Shararat, and Aaine Ke Sau Tukde.
Shweta Tiwari has many controversies attached to her name. In 2010, when she entered Bigg boss 4, her fight with Dolly Bindra was the season’s biggest highlight. She lodged a complaint against her ex-husband, Raja Chaudhary, around 4 times for beating her up under the effect of alcohol and also abusing her. In August 2019, she lodged a molestation case against her husband Abhinav Kohli for allegedly slapping her daughter, Palak, making salacious comments and showing her vulgar photos. Her husband Abhinav was arrested by the Mumbai Police after she lodged her complaint. However, later, her daughter Palak Tiwari made an Instagram post and clarified that Kohli (her stepfather) never physically molested her or touched her inappropriately. But he made dirty comments that would have provoked any woman.
Shweta gets paid around ₹60,000 to 70,000 a day.
Shweta Tiwari is a huge devotee of Lord Ganesh. The actress loves to have Bananas, Munchies, Chocolates, and Jelly. Her favourite colours are White and Red. Her favourite Bollywood on-screen character is Shah Rukh Khan. She is a huge fan of actresses Nargis and Madhuri Dixit. She likes watching films and her favourite film is Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge. Paris is her all-time favourite place.
JOURNEY IN KHATRON KE KHILADI:
In 2021, Tiwari participated in the stunt-based reality show Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 11, which is hosted by Rohit Shetty and broadcasted on Colors TV.
- Actress Shweta Tiwari is fond of reading books, dancing, doing debates, and drawing.
- Shweta revealed in an interview that she met Raja Chaudhary (first husband) through Raja’s cousin sister who was a good friend of Shweta.
- Moreover, her mother Nirmala Tiwari was not happy with her marriage to Raja.
- At the age of 12, Shweta got her first job in a travel agency where she was paid Rs 500 per month.
- She was interested in acting right from her childhood.
- She is fond of dogs and owns two pet dogs Pixie and Sweetoo.
- She worships Hindu deities and believes in Hindu culture.
- Shweta received several awards in categories for Best Actress, Favourite Maa, Favourite Bahu, and Favourite Beti for “Kasautii Zindagii Kay”.
- After the birth of her son, Reyansh, her husband, Abhinav Kohli, went to Bengaluru to live with his mother due to the demise of his father in 2016. While Abhinav was away from Shweta at that time, people started chitchatting about problems in Shweta’s marriage as she often attended various public events alone.
- After Shweta complained to her husband, Abhinav Kohli, Shweta’s mother-in-law revealed that things were not well between both of them. Abhinav’s mother also added that the allegations were made against Abhinav because Shweta wanted to divorce him.
MORE PHOTOS OF SHWETA TIWARI