Divyanka Tripathi, also known as Divyanka Tripathi Dahiya, is one of the most prolific Indian TV actresses. She became a household name after her portrayal of the role of Ishita Bhalla in Ye Hai Mohabbatein. Divyanka is popularly known for her beauty, dance and talent. She is considered one of the finest actresses on Indian television. Divyanka has received numerous famous awards for her contribution to the TV industry. In her acting career, she worked with so many popular television actors like Sharad Malhotra, Sharad Kelkar, Karan Patel, and Rajshree Thakur. Before marking her debut with a Hindi film Lala Hardaul (2012), she was already a famous face on the television world. Divyanka’s fame got extended with her stint in the Khatron Ke Khiladi 11 (2021) show. Check out Divyanka Tripathi Age, Husband, Family, Biography, Facts & More.
Divyanka Tripathi is a 37-years old actress who blows her birthday candles every year on 14 December 1984. She was born and raised in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India. She was interested in acting and dancing and has wanted to become an actress since her childhood. During her school days, she used to participate in dramas, plays, and telefilms. Though her father wanted her to join the National Cadet Corps (NCC), so she matriculated in Bhopal Rifle Academy and ended up securing a gold medal in rifle shooting. Divyanka then started acting and modelling assignments. After that, she started receiving offers from the television industry. Apart from TV serials, she is actively participating in reality TV shows. At a very small age, she started working as a host in All India Radio (AIR) for which she earned an income of ₹ 800. Tripathi won the title of Miss Bhopal in 2003. Subsequently, she appeared in a talent hunt show called The Zee Cine Star’s Ki Khoj and came out as the winner of the show. After her debut movie, there was no looking back for Divyanka Tripathi, she was showered with more reality shows and television serials offers.
Divyanka Tripathi is a sweet and bubbly actress who has an alluring appearance with a decent height of 5’5″. She always looks fashionable in her outfit with a perfect habitus of 34-30-34. Her prepossessing dark brown eyes and silky black hair add desirability to her beauty. She is quite solicitous towards her fitness who has weighs around 65 kg. She spends most of her time on gymming and yoga to make her body fit and healthy.
She was born in a Hindu family to a pharmacist Narendra Tripathi and Neelam Tripathi. She has an elder sister, Priyanka Tripathi and a younger brother, Aishwarya Tripathi (pilot).
In 2006, Divyanka met the popular TV actor Sharad Malhotra while shooting a TV serial Banoo Main Teri Dulhan. They both developed a good friendship, and soon, they fell in love with each other. They dated for almost nine years. In 2013, Divyanka shocked everyone by announcing her breakup. Reportedly, Sharad was not loyal towards Divyanka and was not ready for marriage commitments.
On 8 July 2016, Divyanka tied the knot with her longtime boyfriend, Vivek Dahiya. Vivek is an Indian television actor.
She attended Carmel Convent School, Bhopal whereas she did her graduation from Sarojini Naidu Govt. Girls P.G. (Auto.), Bhopal. After that, she went to Nehru Institute of Mountaineering, Uttarkashi, Uttarakhand, India, to pursue a mountaineering course.
Divyanka always wanted to be an actress, but her father wanted her to join National Cadet Corps (NCC). She is a gold medalist in rifle shooting. Despite that, she started her career with daily soap serials on Doordarshan and became a well-known face. She, then, decided to work more in Hindi TV serials, and in 2006, she played her dual role of an orphan and illiterate girl and on the other hand, a modern and literate girl in the serial Banoo Main Teri Dulhann.
Next, she was seen in a horror show called Sssshhh…Phir Koi Hai. In 2010, she played the role of Rashmi Sharma in the comedy serial Mrs. & Mr Sharma Allahabadwale.
She made her Bollywood debut with Lala Hardaul where she played the supporting role of Rani Padmavati.
Since 2013, she has been portraying the role of Ishita Bhalla in the Star Plus show Ye Hai Mohabbatein, after which she became more prominent.
In 2017, Tripathi along with her husband, Vivek Dahiya appeared as a Contestant Jodi in Nach Baliye 8 and emerged as the winner of the show.
Her impressive performances as Ishita Bhalla in the TV serial, Ye Hai Mohabbatein and Vidya Pratap Singh/ Divya Shukla in Banoo Main Teri Dulhann won her several awards like the Indian Television Academy Award for Best Actress, Indian Telly Award for Fresh New Face (Female), Indian Telly Award for Most Popular On-Screen Couple, Gold Award for Best Actress in a Lead Role, Gold Award for Boroplus Face of the Year, Indian Telly Award for Best Jodi along with Karan Patel, and Asian Viewers Television Award for Best Actress of the Year.
Note: Divyanka Tripathi Dahiya is the recipient of several more awards and has many nominations secured to her name.
There have been some controversies linked to her name. Here we have listed some of them.
- Her fairy tale journey in Ye Hai Mohabbatein has been ended in December 2019. However, while she was shooting for the show, an unspecified person came near to her and started making pessimistic comments towards her. He even passed disparaging remarks on Divyanka. According to some sources, her co-stars Karan Patel and Aly Goni handled the man and stroked him for his way of behaving.
- During her dance rehearsals of Nach Baliye 8, she got injured but the audience incriminated her of a forgery injury. After which, Tripathi posted a video on her social media to prove that her injury was actual.
Divyanka gets paid around ₹ 1 Lakh per episode annually.
- She is fond of watching movies. Her favourite movies list are very long, some of which are Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, Lamhe and The Godfather.
- She loves to listen to the songs of Kailash Kher, Shubha Mudgal, Enrique Iglesias and Elton John.
- Salman Khan and Sonu Sood are her most favourite actors.
- She is a Dal Bhati Churma, Ice cream and chocolate lover.
- Divyanka is a bookworm who likes to read the book- P.S. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern.
- Her all-time favourite actress is Nargis.
- She likes to spend her holidays mostly in Kashmir, Mauritius and San Francisco.
- She prefers to wear white colour.
- Divyanka is a shopaholic and loves to buy from Lokhandwala in Mumbai.
- Her family members and friends call her by the name Channi.
- Divyanka follows a purely vegetarian diet.
- Tripathi has a huge fan base on social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram. She posts her pictures on her social media accounts regularly and keeps her fans entertained.
- Divyanka is a fitness enthusiast and follows a strict workout regimen.
- According to Divyanka, she would love to portray the roles of psychopaths and police officers.
- In Nach Baliye 8, Tripathi shared that her love story with the actor Vivek Dahiya was created by two of her fangirls.
- Hailing from a middle-class family, it was tough for her to convince her parents for acting.
- If she is not an actress, then, she would have been an army officer.
- Divyanka also prepared herself for civil services exams in Banoo Main Teri Dulhann.
JOURNEY IN FEAR FACTOR: KHATRON KE KHILADI
The semi finale of Khatron Ke Khiladi 11 was telecasted last week. Divyanka Tripathi Dahiya performed the first dynamic stunt. She was focused on her stunt and easily won. Divyanka has aced all the stunts she did in KKK since the beginning. Divyanka hasn’t aborted any of the stunts despite having injuries and pain.
MORE PHOTOS OF DIVYANKA TRIPATHI