Saurabh Raj Jain, better known as Sourabh Raaj Jain, is an Indian television and film actor. From numerous epic television serials to his recent participation in Khatron Ke Khiladi, Saurabh, standing true to his name, has carved a niche for himself in the television industry. He became a well-known face after portraying Lord Krishna in B. R. Chopra’s epic television serial Mahabharat. There is not a single heart that has not been taken over by this man with a flamboyant personality. Saurabh is superlatively known for his exemplary body structure and marvellous acting skills. His mannerism of delivering dialogues, his style, have altogether set a mark in the television industry. His life boarded a flight from being a student tutor to an actor who played different roles in Hollywood, Bollywood, and Tollywood industries. Saurabh is a completely humble, simple, and down to earth person. Let’s check out how Saurabh made it big on the silver screen, his personal life, marriage, children and many other facts.
The 36 years old actor was born on 1 December 1985 in New Delhi, India. Saurabh struggled a lot during his initial phase in the television industry like any other newcomer. Jain was bitten by the acting bug after he completed his college life. With time and struggle, not only did he start getting offers for various roles but he even participated in the popular stunt-based reality show, Fear Factor.
During his initial days in the television industry, he was often rejected by television producers due to his huge height of 6’3″. With due time, he broke the shackles and was widely accepted in the film industry.
Saurabh Raj Jain’s weight is around 90 kg and his physical stats are well proportionate with a chest of 44″ and biceps 18″. He has black coloured eyes and hair.
FAMILY, CASTE & SPOUSE
Saurabh belongs to a middle-class Jain family and is a follower of Buddhism since his teenage. He is the son of Raj Jain, an advocate. He has two elder sisters.
In 2010, Saurabh tied the knot with the software engineer Riddhima Saurabh Jain.
In 2017, Saurabh and Riddhima became parents of two twin children Hrishivh and Hrishika.
Jain finished his schooling at Colonel Satsangis Kiran Memorial (CSKM) Public School, New Delhi. He did his graduate degree in Computer Applications (BCA) from Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi and MBA from Symbiosis International University, Pune.
Saurabh Raj Jain started working as a tutor from a very tender age. He gave tuitions to the students of lower grades and earned ₹ 500 per student. His acting vocation commenced when he acquired a chance to act in the television sequential Remix in which he portrayed the role of Amandeep Chadha. Saurabh was yet in college and after the show finished, he took a gap for nearly two years to finish his education. After fulfilling his education, he retorted to the entertainment industry and obtained an opportunity to act in the Hollywood film Karma: Crime. Passion. Reincarnation (2008). Moreover, Saurabh became a household name with the representation of his character of Anand in Ekta Kapoor’s TV serial Parichay (2011). He further acted in many allegorical TV sequential like Jai Shree Krishna (2008-2009) as Lord Vishnu, Devon Ke Dev Mahadev (2011-2014) as Lord Vishnu/Lord Krishna, Mahabharat (2013-2014) as Lord Krishna/Lord Vishnu, and Mahakali – Anth hi Aarambh hai (2017) as Lord Shiva. The innovators of Mahabharat was so anxious to cast him for the character of Lord Krishna that they reserved Saurabh Raj Jain on hold for a year, by disbursing him an annuity amount every month, so that he cannot do any alternative project. Apart from being an actor, he is also a tremendous anchor and hosted numerous TV shows like Savdhaan India – India Fights Back (2015), Bhakton Ki Bhakti Mein Shakti (2015-2016), and Mahapuran (2016). He also processed as a Radio Jockey of the metaphysical show Arth that divulged on 92.7 Big FM. In 2015, he got the character of Krish in the Indonesian film Check-In Bangkok. Sourabh was also seen in the 2017 Telugu movie Om Namo Venkatesaya in which he played the role of Lord Venkatesaya.
With success comes lots of responsibility and sometimes willing or unwilling comes many problems. Saurabh also got indulged in a controversy.
In 2012, a charlatan communicated with his companions and supporters beneath his name on Facebook. The charlatan not only misused Saurabh Raj Jain’s photographs but also used to chatter with the public who were familiar with Saurabh, exclusively his female friends. He also swapped numbers and used repulsive vocabulary. Saurabh came to perceive the circumstance through one of his fans. Jain immediately acquainted the authorities of Facebook and told the whole matter.
His car collection includes a Ford EcoSport.
- Saurabh Raj Jain is a gourmet and enjoys eating Sarson Ka Saag with Makki Ki roti, Bhendi Chaatwali, Dal Makhni, Pav Bhaji, Pulao, Spinach and Corn Soup, Pizza, and Gajar Ka Halwa.
- Saurabh is a huge admirer of Aamir Khan, Akshay Kumar, Hrithik Roshan, Leonardo DiCaprio, Madhuri Dixit, and Sushmita Sen.
- He is an all-rounder and loves Reading, Dancing, Swimming, Gymming, and Martial Arts.
- His all-time favourite films are Mughal-E-Azam, Lamhe, and 3 idiots.
- A. R. Rahman is his most-liked singer.
- Saurabh’s most visited restaurants are British Brewing Company, Oberoi Mall, and Madhur Milan in Peninsula Grand.
- He likes White and Blue colours the most.
- He gravitates towards the fragrance of Issey Miyake.
- The cricketer he likes the most is Sachin Tendulkar.
- Gulzar and Javed Akhtar are his choices of writers.
- The brand he likes to wear the most is Aldo.
- His favourite directors are S. S. Rajamouli and Anurag Bose.
- Saurabh is a book lover and likes to read numerous books including The Secret by Rhonda Byrne, Angels & Demons by Dan Brown, and The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT SAURABH RAJ JAIN
- Shaheer Sheikh is his close friend.
- His ultimate aim in life is to portray the role of Rabindranath Tagore.
- Saurabh is a Claustrophobic; through Khatron Ke Khiladi he learned a lot to overcome his fear.
MORE PHOTOS OF SAURABH RAJ JAIN