Afsana Khan is a Punjabi singer who came into the spotlight after singing the Punjabi song Dhakka along with the popular singer Sidhu Moose Wala. She is one of the most versatile singers in the Pollywood Industry. She is known for her Punjabi Sad and Bhangra songs.
BIOGRAPHY OF AFSANA KHAN
The Saggitarian singer was born on 13 June 1994 (age 27; as in 2021) in village Badal, Sri Muktsar Sahib. She hails from a family with a musical background; as her father used to sing musical notes and was known to be a fine singer. Afsana lost her father when she was too small and to fulfil her family needs, she started singing. Her life was filled with lots of hardships and struggle during her old days. Her fruit of hard work proved true when she became one of the most demanding female singers of the Punjabi industry. After that, she gave one by one hits and established herself as a leading singer. Her first television debut as a contestant in Voice of Punjab Season 3 (2013) to her songs like Tootera, Mahi Mileya, Jaani Ve Jaani, Chandigarh Shehar, Juti Jharrke, and more totally showed her dedication towards music.
The brown-eyed singer is around 5’5″ tall and her hair colour is brown.
FAMILY & CASTE
Afsana Khan hails from a lower-class Muslim family with a musical background. Her father, Late Sheera Khan, was also a singer, whereas, her mother’s name is Asha Begum. Afsana is the sister of Khuda Baksh (singer), Raftaar Kaur, Raman Khan, Rajia Sultaan, and Neetu Khan.
Afsana Khan is engaged to her Fiancée Saaj. According to some media sources, they both were earlier getting married in November (2021) but due to Afsana’s recent entry in Bigg Boss 15, they postponed their marriage.
Aspiring to become a musician since childhood, she began her music activities while doing her schooling at Government Senior Secondary School in Badal. Despite being working from a small age, she also holds a graduation degree.
In 2012, she made her debut with the television reality show Voice Of Punjab Season 3, and after some time, she was seen in another reality show Rising Star.
The year 2012 proved to be a milestone in her music career; as she went to sing in numerous live concerts, which opened up many opportunities for her in Pollywood. Over the years, she has made her mark in the Punjabi industry with songs like Juti Jharrke, Chandigarh Shehar, Jaani Ve Jaani, Mahi Mileya, Titliaan, Dhakka, Tere Laare, and more.
Afsana Khan was allegedly blamed for singing obscene songs at a government school in her village. A complaint was filed against her for ostensively promoting violence through a song.
Afsana Khan owns a Mahindra Scorpio car.
- She is a huge fan of Ranbir Kapoor.
- Sonu Nigam, Diljit Dosanjh, and Neha Kakkar are her all-time favourite singers.
- Afsana admires the work of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.
- Whenever she gets time, she loves to travel to Canada.
- Afsana is obsessed with the brand Zara.
- She likes to wear blue colour.
- She prefers eating Rajma-Chawal.
- Afsana has never received any formal training in music.
- She loves travelling and listening to music in her leisure time.
- Afsana is known not just for her singing but also for her unique dressing sense.
- Khan is one of the Punjabi singers who earned huge popularity at a small age.
- It was her father’s death that compelled Afsana to sing as a means to support her family.
- She shares a good bond with the Punjabi singer Sidhu Moose Wala.
- She tattooed a text on her right arm.
- Afsana once disclosed in an interview that when she emerged for the auditions of the reality show Rising Star, she barely knew any Bollywood song. Khan immediately prepared the song Jag Suna Suna Lage from the film Om Shanti Om and got chosen for the show.
JOURNEY IN BIGG BOSS
Singer Afsana Khan has finally entered the controversial house of Bigg Boss Season 15. She has been referred to as the attention seeker of the BB house. However, she is seen as the most straightforward person inside the house and is playing individually. She has not made many relationships inside the house and aims to play on her own without taking consent from any other contestant. The Bigg Boss Season 15 is hosted by the evergreen host Salman Khan.
MORE PHOTOS OF AFSANA KHAN