Varun Sood, a Kolkata-based (26-year-old) VJ, model and an athlete who shot to fame with reality shows like Roadies X2 and Splitsvilla 9. In such a short period, he has already made a mark in the industry. Starting his career as a football player, he turned into a famous Indian TV personality. Football is something that fascinated him in his childhood, and he adopted football as his interest. He is one of the most efficient contestants of MTV reality shows. Not only in Football, but he has also been seen as active in various fields. Whether it is stage dance, sports, playing musical instruments, and fitness, Varun is known for his versatility. MTV reality shows proved lucky for him and he entered one of the most famous stunt-based shows Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 11. Let’s check more about Varun Sood and other interesting facts related to him.
Sood was born on 1 April 1995 in Kolkata, West Bengal, India. He is 26 years old and a popular TV personality. He broke into the limelight through the MTV reality shows, Roadies X2 and Splitsvilla Season 9. He became a youth sensation after participating in both shows. He was inspired by his father, Vineet Sood, and his grandfather who served the Indian Army. Varun desired to join the Indian Army but destiny had numerous plans for him. After appearing in reality shows, he changed his passion from becoming an Army officer to a popular Indian TV personality. His good looks, strong personality, and a ripped body helped him to become a well-known face in the TV industry.
Apart from keeping his interest in Football, he has a dashing personality. He looks quite cool and handsome. Being a sports enthusiast, he maintains his fitness by doing freehand exercises and other physical activities. He weighs around 88 kg and his height is 6’4″ inches. His eyes are black and his hair colour is also black. He has a built-up body. His broad chest is around 44 inches and his biceps are 16 inches.
Varun Sood weighted a lot more in his late teenage than he weighs now. He started working hard to lose weight and after some time his body came into shape.
Sood hails from a middle-class Hindu family in Kolkata. His caste is Khatri. Varun is very close to his parents. Although he was born in Kolkata, he was raised in New Delhi, India. He is the son of a retired Indian Army officer Vineet Sood and a jewellery designer Anjali Sood. Sood has two sisters namely, Vedika Sood (twin sister of Varun) and Akshita Sood.
Varun Sood was in a relationship with MTV Roadies X2 and Splitsvilla 9 fame, Martina Tharyian. The couple dated each other for some time and then, parted ways due to some differences.
He was also in a relationship with Benafsha Soonawalla, who was a contestant in the controversial show of Bigg Boss Season 11.
He is dating ex-Splitsvilla contestant Divya Agarwal. The couple has recently announced their relationship publically.
He travelled a lot while he was a kid. His family moved to different places after his birth in Kolkata like Tamil Nadu, Madhya Pradesh, and New Delhi. As a result, he did his schooling in seven different schools like Dalhousie Public School, Dalhousie; Army Public School, Wellington, Tamil Nadu; Naval Public School, Amritsar, Punjab; Home Schooling, Mhow, Madhya Pradesh; Army Public School, Kolkata; and Army Public School, Dhaula Kuan, New Delhi. After completing his schooling, Sood enrolled on Sri Venkateswara College, New Delhi, to pursue his B.Com. Honours in the field of Commerce.
Varun Sood made his television debut in 2015 with the MTV reality show Roadies X2. He could not reach up to the mark and got eliminated in the 20th episode of the show. Subsequently, he got a role in a web series called Squadrann.
Varun broke into a big screen in 2016 after he emerged as the first runner-up in the reality show, MTV Splitsvilla 9. That show garnered him a major fan following.
He then hosted the television show, NBA Slam along with his role model Ranvijay Singh.
After that, he hosted another MTV show, Campus Diaries (2017). In the same year, he became the lead in MTV’s show, Big F 2.
- He admires the acting skills of actors like Matthew McConaughey, Ranbir Kapoor, Aamir Khan, Leonardo DiCaprio, Robert Downey Jr and Hugh Jackman.
- He likes listening to Sonu Nigam’s songs.
- Black is his favourite colour.
- Varun is a big foodie and loves eating Ghar Ka Khana, Chaat, Ice-Cream, Chicken Tikka, Butter Naan, and a lot of Sweets.
- He likes to dine at Bhojohori Manna.
- He loves humming English songs and his favourite tracks are Norwegian Wood and Love Me Do.
- Michael Jordan is his favourite football player whereas, Usain Bolt, is his favourite Jamaican Sprinter.
- Varun Sood’s favourite band is The Beatles.
- He is highly impressed by the character of Joey Tribbiani in the American sitcom Friends.
- Varun is fascinated to read about Paranormal stuff and takes a lot of interest in watching science fiction documentaries.
- Apart from being a foodie, he also engages himself to cook numerous dishes.
- Pokemon Go is his all-time favourite game.
- Being a Kolkata born person, he likes to go to Victoria Memorial, Park Street, and Nicco Park.
- Varun loves to play and watch football and is also a former Indian national basketball player.
- He shares a great bond with the Punjabi Hunk, Prince Narula.
- Sood is very much addicted to WhatsApp.
- Doing gymming and playing football are his hobbies.
- Varun is fond of dogs.
- He revealed in an interview that he learned to play the guitar, flute, drive a car, and a bike from the social media platform YouTube.
- Varun Sood considers MTV star, Ranvijay Singh as his mentor.
- He hates going to outdoor parties.
JOURNEY IN KHATRON KE KHILADI SEASON 11
The former Splitsvilla 9 runner up who has been actively involved in fitness and sports is one of the strongest players in KKK. He is seen performing all the dynamic stunts tirelessly. His willpower in this show has taken his name to the next level. Besides being injured several times, he managed to recover and made his entry into the finals. The theme of KKK this year is Darr Vs Dare.
MORE PHOTOS OF VARUN SOOD